Basic how-to for job postings
- How much does it cost to post a job?
- How do I post a job?
- How long does a job post remain on the site?
- How can I edit or delete my job posting?
- How can I repost a job?
Other questions for job postings
- How long after I submit a job post will it appear on the site?
- Can I post a job fair, career day, or open house?
- Can I add HTML tags or URLs in my posting?
- I have three positions to fill, can I put all three in one job post?
- Do you accept credit cards?
- Are multi-level marketing opportunities allowed?
- What about focus group opportunities?
Resources for paid job posters
- Email us at email@example.com.
- Login to your account.
- Sign up for an account.
- Posting through your account.
- Pay an invoice online.
- Search the resume category, it's free!
- Have a lot of jobs to post? Find out about craigslist's block accounts.
Paid job postings generally appear on index pages and in search results 10-20 minutes after submission.
To see your post, go to the category for your job. You may need to REFRESH or RELOAD the page if your job does not appear in your browser—the refresh/reload should be near the top of your browser window.
Not in jobs categories. These happenings can however be posted under "events."
In jobs and a few other categories, yes. However please use HTML sparingly.
Check the (infrequently updated) list of supported HTML for more details.
Note: Formatting-wise, if you use HTML in any part of your posting you may need to use it throughout.
One job description per job post please. As a rule of thumb, job titles should be singular, not plural.
American Express, MasterCard, and Visa are accepted. In most cases, you will enter your credit card information at the end of the posting process, and your card will be charged immediately.
If you use a craigslist account to post your job, we will send you an invoice and you can use your credit card to pay your invoice. Once you receive your invoice, go to our online invoice payment form. You'll need the invoice number and the original billing email address (this information is on your email or paper invoice). You can use this form to pay for any old invoices that you may have as well.
If you have any questions, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our online credit card payment forms are encrypted using industry standard 128-bit Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. Your credit card information is relayed (using the same encryption method) to a payment processor, which charges your account.
No. CL users don't seem to like them. Multi-level marketing opportunities, "club memberships," distributorships or sales representative agency arrangements, and other business opportunities requiring payment(s), and/or require recruitment of other members, distributors or agents are strongly discouraged.
Focus group opportunities can be submitted in the "et cetera" jobs category.