This policy details how data about you is used when you access our websites and services (together, "CL") or interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on CL if changes are material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
1. Protecting your privacy
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not run ads, other than the classifieds posted by our users.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not send you unsolicited communications for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing (and prohibit it on CL).
- We do provide email proxy & relay services to reduce unwanted email.
- Please review privacy policies of any third party sites linked to from CL.
- We do not respond to "Do Not Track" signals (see allaboutdnt.com).
2. Data we use to provide/improve our services and/or combat fraud/abuse:
- data you post on or send via CL, and/or send us directly or via other sites
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you submit or provide (e.g. name, address, email, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- web log data (e.g. web page views, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies and similar technologies (e.g. preferences, searches, "favorites," anti-abuse metrics).
- data about your device(s) (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, IP geo-location).
3. Data we store
- We retain data as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but can make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you via your account login.
4. Circumstances in which we may disclose user data:
- to vendors and service providers working on our behalf (e.g. payment processing, account verification, fraud prevention).
- to respond to subpoenas, search warrants, court orders, or other legal process.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of users of CL or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets.
- in aggregate/summary form, where it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
California Users (capitalized terms have the meaning given by the California Consumer Privacy Act ("CCPA")):
- We do not Sell Personal Information ("PI").
- In the last 12 months, we collected these categories of PI: (1) Identifiers; (2) PI described in Cal. Civ. Code §1798.80(e); (3) Commercial information; (4) Internet and other network activity information; and (5) Geolocation data.
- In the last 12 months, we have disclosed for a Business Purpose: (1) Identifiers; (2) Payment information; and (3) Commercial information.
- The CCPA grants CA residents in certain circumstances: (1) the right to request for the last 12 months specific pieces of PI, categories of PI, categories of sources of PI, Business Purpose or Commercial Purpose for collecting PI, and categories of Third Parties with whom we have shared PI; (2) the right to request deletion of PI; and (3) the right not to be discriminated against for exercising the rights listed above.
- To exercise CCPA rights, please submit a request via craigslist.org/about/ccpa or email@example.com. Exercise is subject to verification (e.g. via our existing authentication practices for registered users or via information provided by you matching information we have already collected) and certain exceptions, and will be processed in accordance with applicable law. An authorized agent may make a request for you by providing written permission signed by you.
- CA residents under age 18 registered as CL users may request (via firstname.lastname@example.org) and obtain removal of content or information publicly posted on CL. Removal does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of said content or information.
International Users - By accessing CL or providing us data, you agree we may use and disclose data we collect as described here or as communicated to you, transmit it outside your resident jurisdiction, and store it on servers in the United States. For more information please contact our privacy officer at email@example.com.