How does phone verification work?
You will be prompted to enter your phone number. After entering it, you should receive an automated phone call or text message (SMS) containing a verification code. Enter this code on the next page of the process.
What if I type my phone number incorrectly?
Wait 5 minutes, then click "try again." Please note:
- You may only try to call a phone number once every five minutes.
- You may only enter the code five times.
- You may only try three phone numbers per account every twelve hours.
- You may only receive three calls per account every twelve hours.
Disallowed numbers for phone verification:
- Phone numbers from outside the US, Canada, Australia, or the UK.
- Toll-free numbers (area codes 800, 877)
- Some VOIP or pre-paid mobile numbers
- Phone numbers that require an extension
Error message says phone number is "already in use"?
The number you are trying to use for verification is already associated with another craigslist account. Account holders may unlink phone numbers from existing accounts in good standing 90 days after verification.
Problems? Let us know.