Head of Koko’s Kitchen
QR Code Link to This Post
Great opportunity for professional caterer / animal lover to prepare meals for the world’s most famous gorilla, Koko (and her companion Ndume), at the Gorilla Foundation in Woodside, California.
- Prepare 12 platters of healthy vegetarian meals for Koko and Ndume daily
- Using donated produce you pick up from Whole Foods in Palo Alto
- With the help of volunteer assistants (primarily)
- Mornings, 4 hours per day, 7 days per week
- Superior catering, chef and/or produce management skills
- At least 5 years experience preparing food for public consumption
- Speedy, meticulous, creative food preparation abilities
Additional Desirable Skills:
- Gourmet cooking school training a plus
- Spanish language skills a plus
Due to the sensitive nature of gorillas and gorilla caregiving:
- No drugs or alcohol
- Must wear gloves and mask during food preparation
- A positive, team-oriented attitude
Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Visit www.koko.org to learn more about the Gorilla Foundation, Koko, Ndume and gorilla needs in general.
- To be considered for an interview, please send resume, cover letter, salary requirements and 3 references to:
Please do NOT send attachments.
Please put all information in the body of your e-mail.
This is at a non-profit organization.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
Please, no phone calls about this job!
Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
Reposting this message elsewhere is OK.