Originally Posted: 2003-09-12 10:22am
Lines of evidence that my boyfriend is a cat
I hear everyone complain about how their boyfriends are dogs, and I have to say gals, I think youíre the lucky ones. Dogs may be smelly and drool and whatnot, but at least theyíre loyal and friendly and act happy when you get home. I, on the other hand, think that maybe my boyfriend is a cat. Lines of evidence include:
1. He comes and goes as he likes.
2. Heís far friendlier when I offer food.
3. He sleeps about 14 hours a day.
4. He acts like itís a privilege to give him attention.
5. He tries to lay on me alot.
6. When Iím reading the paper, he gets in front of it and wants attention.
7. He bats at quickly moving objects.
8. He spends a good deal of time grooming himself, especially after Iíve touched him.
9. He doesnít come when called.
10. He sheds everywhere.
11. He makes funny little grumbly sounds when heís happy.
12. Heís kind of territorial.
13. Heís destroyed the couch.
14. Sometimes he sprays in the bathroom.
15. Iím not sure he would notice if I were gone for a few days.
So, in any case, if you have a dog of a man that youíre a little tired of and youíd like to try something else, I would like to offer you a trade for my cat of a boyfriend. He comes with a few toys, a bowl, and a weekís supply of food. By the way, if you donít have a man, I would also be willing to trade a good bottle of wine for him, and Iíll promise to toast to your success as a couple while Iím drinking it.