The System is Down
I post lists like this every once in awhile, mostly when I’m bored.
Looks like it’s time for another one…
10 Reasons Why You Should Totally Date The Crap Out Of Me:
1. I really need someone to see King Kong with. See, I started this debate with my dinosaur-loving roommate about those posters you see all around LA that capture the moments before the battle between Kong and what looks like a T-Rex. Clearly, King Kong could take the T-Rex. Somehow this turned into the biggest battle known to man, and a rather sore subject around my house. Now, all the people who were originally going to see King Kong with me, are boycotting the movie in support of Team Dinosaur.
2. I work at a porn site, and I wouldn’t say I am bitter, or jaded… but let me put it this way: I can eat a full meal while clicking through hardcore porn sites. I don’t really know if this is an attractive facet of my being, but it’s kinda interesting at least. I would much rather spend my time making Microsoft Paint pictures of unlikely situations, like:
3. I listen to a lot of great music. I’ll be the first to admit, I am having a lot of trouble with a lot of the newer rock out there, the hardcore and metal-core and whatnot. I like some of it, and will tolerate all of it. My current roommates are into a lot of it, and one of them is even in a hardcore band, so I’m pretty used to all the scary Cookie-Monster vocals and moshing. I, on the other hand, am more into alternative music. I love nothing more than Sunday evenings spent with 2 hours of VHI Classic Alternative. Here is the obligatory list of bands I’ve been listening to lately, (there’s always more..): Against Me!, Husker Du, Thursday, Franz Ferdinand, Some Girls, Refused and The (International) Noise Conspiracy, Prince, Belle and Sebastian, Horse the Band, Depeche Mode, Coheed and Cambria, The Damned, New Order, Plain Wrap, Choking Victim/Leftover Crack, AFI, Gorillaz, She Wants Revenge, Morningwood, The Shins, and Midnight Movies.
4. I listen to a lot of horrible music. I have such an affinity for cheesy pop music it’s almost sickening. I have slept in the rain (twice!) for *NSYNC, and I saw 98 Degrees back before Nick Lachey married Jessica Simpson. There’s nothing I love more than a mix tape filled with Ciara and New Kids on the Block. I’m not ashamed, and I would quit my job right now if it stood in the way of me being at an *NSYNC reunion concert.
5. I love horror movies. Someday, when I’m really rich, I’ll have a house that looks like people have been murdered there. I haven’t seen Hostel yet, but from the looks of the trailer, it could be the most perfect horror movie that’s been out in awhile. I really like zombie movies (George A. Romero, of course!) and anything ridiculously violent and horrible. Oh, and scary.
6. I’m pretty damn smart. I like to read. Really, I don’t know of a way to express this through an online posting. I’m afraid that once I start going off about my superb intellect, I’ll end up spelling the entire sentence wrong and putting my foot in my mouth.
7. I have the best stories. I have had every type of job you could imagine. I have been on tour with a band. I take public transportation. I obsess over music and come up with impractical theories about almost everything. I’m entertaining at the very least.
8. I, personally, think I’m pretty damn cute. I probably won’t ever ask you any of those questions that girls ask, you know, those ones where there are no right answers… just the difference between a slap in the face or a night spent on the couch. I’m self aware enough to know where my faults lie, and I’m ok with that.
9. Do you have female friends? Great, cause I have a ton of guy friends I wouldn’t trade in for the world. Do you want to go hang out with your friends, separate from me? Awesome, cause I’m really into hanging out with my friends, and having fun. I love it when other people come along, the more the merrier, but I’m not all crazy about who you’re hanging out with and where to the point where you have to be with me all the time.
10. Look at that paint picture I made of Teddy Ruxpin. Seriously, I’m awesome.